March 31, 2020
As state agencies implement health and safety measures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), some employees are moving to remote work status. If your daily commute is impacted by these actions and you experience reduced or eliminated daily commute expenses, you should consider reviewing your Commuter Spending Account (CSA) contributions to make sure your election still fits your needs.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you review your CSA account and election options:
- The TexFlex CSA is a month-to-month program. This means you can change your contribution amount or disenroll from the program at any time. Elections must be made by the last business day of the month so the monthly contribution can be deducted the following pay period. Example: Changes made by March 31 are processed by April 30 and are deducted from your May 1 paycheck.
- Excess balances over $3 carry over month-to-month and you can use funds as long as you are actively employed. Balances of $3 or less will be forfeited.
- The IRS limits commuter reimbursement to $270 per month regardless of your account balance. Any unused amount exceeding $3 will carryover each month.
If you'd like to check the balance on your card, please visit TexFlexERS.com. If you have questions, please call TexFlex Customer Care toll–free at (844) 884–2364, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
March 26, 2020
For 2020, the IRS has increased the Parking and Transit election amount to $270.
TexFlex Customer Care
(844) 884-2364 toll-free
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT
- TexFlex account questions
- Claim reimbursement status
- TexFlex debit card
Claims Address:WageWorks, LLC.
P.O. Box 34700
Louisville, KY 40232
Overnight Mail:5200 Commerce Crossings,
Louisville, KY 40229